The Valdosta Board of REALTORS® - Chief Executive Officer (Association Executive)
The Valdosta Board of REALTORS® (VBOR) is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer (Association Executive). We’re looking for someone who is detail-oriented, can work independently, is a self-starter, knows how to work collaboratively with volunteer leaders, can interact knowledgeably with local real estate brokers and salespeople, and be flexible as conditions change. In addition, candidates should be able to multitask, meet deadlines, possess vision, and be willing to participate in community events. The Administrative Executive (AE) is responsible to the Valdosta Board of Directors and the REALTOR® and affiliate members for effectively leading and managing the association with achieving their goals and objectives in accordance with the board bylaws and MLS rules and regulations. The VBOR has approximately 380 REALTOR® members, 35 Affiliate members, and 410 Multiple Listing Service (MLS) members. For more information about the Valdosta Board of Realtors, go to www.valdostaboardofrealtors.com.
· Oversees the development and implementation of programs and services that support the organization's mission.
· Ensures that programs and services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
· Develops partnerships and collaborations with other organizations to maximize the impact of the organization's programs.
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
· Works closely with the Board of Directors to develop and implement the organization's strategic plan and goals.
· Leads the development of short and long-term strategies to achieve organizational objectives.
· Ensures that the organization has the resources and capacity to execute its strategic plan effectively.
· Develops and manages the annual budget in collaboration with the Board of Directors and Treasurer.
· Develops and implements financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and sound financial management.
· Identifies and secures funding sources to support the organization's charitable missions.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
· Requires knowledge of the principles and practices of program management and business administration including communications, strategic planning, not-for-profit administration, policy development and administration, outreach and public relations, budget management, human resource management, employment law, state and federal regulations related to the real estate profession.
· Works closely with the Board of Directors to provide leadership and guidance on organizational matters.
· Develops and maintains strong relationships with Board members and provides regular updates on the organization's progress.
· Collaborates with the Board to ensure that the organization is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Establish and maintain working relationships with MLS and REALTOR® members, affiliate members, employees, elected officials, business leaders, volunteer committees, other non-profit organizations, and citizens. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously without jeopardizing quality. Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire staff and volunteers. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Maintains and ensures compliance with the organization’s bylaws, policies and procedures, and Board directives. Comprehension of statutes, regulations, mandates from state and national offices, and financial statements. Understanding of board and committee meetings which utilize Roberts Rules of Order. Ability to take meeting minutes and explain proper procedures in keeping with organization bylaws.
Updates the Board of Directors about Association business, and implements Board and Committee decisions, contracts, and commitments. Maintains association documentation. Coordinates membership functions (dues collection, orientation, technical assistance, market statistics, website, lockboxes, promotions, and member recruitment,) to meet member needs and to maintain and expand association membership.
Maintains activities within the Association that accomplish the organization’s goal and objectives to include Mandatory Core Standards for Associations of REALTORS® as required by the National Association of REALTORS® and/or the Georgia Association of REALTORS®. Develops and implements REALTORS® Orientation and Continuing Education programs to provide ongoing professional development and certification opportunities for members.
Advanced proficiency in using personal computer and office software such as, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook (or equivalent email program), Zoom (or equivalent video conferencing). Accomplished in using various office equipment including but not limited to telephone system, advanced copy machine/fax functions, laptop computer with projector, digital camera, security system with video monitoring, and digital camera. Adept in all aspects of social media, including Facebook, with the ability to post announcements, photographs, and video clips. Coordinates changes and updates to the Board website with the website hosting service.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications we offer performance-based bonuses, accrued personal/sick leave, career enhancing opportunities, and continuing education opportunities.
Minimum education required is a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, non-profit management, or related field is preferred but not required. Minimum of 5 years of senior management experience in the non-profit sector.
Requires the ability to attain REALTOR® Association Certified Executive (RCE) designation within three years of employment. Real estate experience and REALTOR® Association Certified Executive (RCE) designation preferred.
Occasional light physical activities such as setting up a board room for different functions, moving tables and chairs, and occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds is required. Additionally, occasional board-funded overnight travel and onsite coordination of evening events is required for this position.
We offer a competitive salary to the right candidate. If you are passionate about the non-profit sector and have the experience and skills required for this position, we encourage you to submit your resume.
Candidates interested in this career opportunity must submit a detailed resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Valdosta Board of REALTORS®, 604 Baytree Rd, Valdosta, GA 31602.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by April 30, 2023 to ensure consideration. All qualified candidates will be considered but may not receive an interview. The search committee will review candidate’s online presence. The Valdosta Board of REALTORS® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.